ZATO offers the full scope of the shredder line from pre-shredder to downstream systems, soundproofing, related sifter circuit and dedusting units. Furthermore, we develop all downstream concepts and components either for the ferrous or the non-ferrous line, designed to gain the highest results in cleanliness and purity.
All the lines are designed to meet the latest environment regulations and can be applied both in scrap yards and steel works.
Available from 350 to 4.000 hp drive power and from 1.200 to 2.600 mm rotor diameters, it is the most efficient medium-size shredding solution available for a growing, demanding metals recycling industry worldwide: a smaller shredder at a more affordable price to ensure a high ROI with limited risk for processing volumes in the 1,400 to 15,000 tons per month range.
ZATO provides reliable solutions for almost all shredder applications with optimal efficiency:
- car shredding: pre-cut / entire / baled ELVs
- sorted domestic light scrap (except non-shreddable material)
- white goods / household appliance
- aluminum scrap, sheets and profiles
- UBC, brass, copper
- RAEE electrical and electronic equipment
- electric engines
- waste ash from incineration plants
- construction and demolition materials
- Heavy duty fabrication designed to handle the rigors of today’s challenging scrap matched with close-tolerance machining and state-of-the-art assembly techniques;
- 2 different system of feeding: Infeed Conveyor & Roll (CS series) or Pushing Feeder (FP series):we work with our customers to create solutions that enable them to obtain their process objectives at best, ensuring high throughput capacities, low specific energy requirements, maximized profits.
- A complete line of disc rotors, with forged steel, precision engineered for performance, increased durability and a lower cost per shredded ton providing an unbeatable extra-value;
- Grids, hammers and anvils are casted in high strength manganese formulations and engineered to maximize shred output. precise hammer-anvil angles optimize the final shred quality from a variety of materials.
- Heavy-duty ejection door for the ejection unshreddable objects.
- Exclusive hydraulic couplings to gently accelerate driven machines, limit torque, provide load sharing, and dampen torsional vibrations. The coupling protects the drive system from damage even under extreme operating conditions. Our coupling solutions are the most reliable and specifically tailored to each drive system of our shredders to guarantee the highest efficiency and capacity available.
- Hydraulic Power Unit which powers all the hydraulic cylinder functions, is perfectly located under the supporting frame of the hammermill, insulated from dust.
- Automation System, developed with customer collaboration and adaptable to our customers different requirements (Siemens, ABB, Omron, Mitsubishi, Rockwell, etc…). A perfect integration of new technologies with ZATO knowledge to improve plant performance and maintenance results.
PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
for high reliability control, ease of programming and data collection of the manufacturing processes.
MCC (Motor Control Center)
, power distribution systems to control all of the motors from a central location. Meet the needs of many applications from low to medium voltage and conform to NEMA or IEC standards.
HMI (Human Machine Interfaces)
for the handling of human-machine interactions, flexible and efficient, with integrated communication and technology functions. Provides integrated system diagnostics with efficient fault analysis and fast troubleshooting minimizes downtime in production.
SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)
Control industrial processes locally or at remote locations; Monitor, gather, and process real-time data; Directly interact with devices such as sensors, valves, pumps, motors, and more through human-machine interface (HMI) software; Record events into a log file.
- Remote controls used to fully open the shredder and enable maintenance operations in a unique way, make it the best shredder by far.
- Pin puller is a specially designed hydraulic mechanism to facilitate the installation and removal of rotor hammer pins. It is integrated in a mobile maintenance platform
- Supporting structures made of robust carbon steel profiles, welded together with structural reinforcements. Walkways and safety hand railings are bolted to the main structure and allow an easy and safe access to the equipment.
The supporting structure has a dual scope: it supports the shredder with its components, and it hosts the evacuation vibrating table which accepts the shredded material from the shredder, the hydraulic power packs. This is another uniqueness of ZATO, that is the only shredder manufacturer that can almost fully pre-assemble the equipment before shipping it to the customer, therefore allowing an optimal check and a preventive resolution of site issues and ensuring an utmost rapid, effective, cost-effective erection and commissioning.
- Teleservice for remote support and troubleshooting. This technology allows the evaluation of process setup and identifies possible actions, with on-call assistance or periodical monitoring (even during plant operations).
ZATO offers complete full-scope solutions and services for shredding and cleaning scrap metals and non-ferrous materials, including dedusting plants, vibrations absorbers, noise protection cabins, complying with the limits required by the national laws.
Furthermore, we have developed our downstream systems to extract more nonferrous metals from auto shredder fluff and shredded metals in general, to complete the process and increase profits.